Logo Printed Orders Administrator/Marketing Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, dynamic business!
Would you enjoy the opportunity to join a thriving, fast growing business where you can really make your mark?
Are you enthusiastic, energetic and organised? Do you love working collaboratively within a team, liaising effectively with colleagues? Do you pride yourself on your customer service?
Ashwood exists to ignite smiles and inspire delight! We design, create, import and distribute all kinds of toys, gifts, games, logo printed souvenirs and grotto presents, to all kinds of visitor attractions and high street/online retailers throughout the UK and Europe.
The Logo Printed Orders Administrator/Marketing Assistant’s primary responsibility is for the end to end management of Logo Printed Order processing. This includes logo design, client approval and organising product production. An element of design and creativity is essential to this activity, along with a determined efficiency to ensure the whole process is managed effectively and on a timely basis for all orders.
Secondary responsibilities include:
- Product photography for website and catalogue
- Creating eshots and associated marketing materials
- Ad-hoc graphic design tasks
- Website maintenance and updates
- Dealing with catalogue/sample requests
- Preparing and circulating reports on performance
The following skills are therefore essential:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with an ability to quickly establish rapport with a broad mix of personalities
- Excellent organisational skills to plan activities and manage workloads across a wide variety of tasks
- Conscientious, with a meticulous attention to detail
- Confident, warm, friendly and enthusiastic telephone manner
- Excellent PC skills – this role requires an ability to constantly utilise and switch between a number of software solutions including Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, CRM systems, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Lightning Fast – do you enjoy a fast paced working environment?
- Flexible as Elastic – you’ll need to cope with ever-changing work demands
- A genuine Team Player – team success comes first and foremost at Ashwood
Hours: 7:15am-4:45pm (a later start time could be accommodated)
- A competitive salary
- A host of benefits including free lunch every day!
- A wonderful team of highly motivated, easy-going people to work alongside
- Being part of a business that has grown rapidly in recent years and has great prospects ahead
- Quality office facilities in Bristol
- Free on-site parking
Other key attributes include:
- A love for customers! Superb customer service is vitally important at Ashwood and as you will be dealing directly with customers and prospects every day, it is imperative that you have a passion for delighting them!
- Accuracy. If you are prone to making mistakes, this is not the role for you! You will be dealing with a lot of close detail that must be entered onto the computer system with 100% accuracy.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and a positive “can do” attitude and demeanor
- Willingness to go the extra 10 miles – Ashwood team members regularly exceed expectations
- Diligent, hardworking and persistent – you’ll need plenty of mental stamina!
- Presentable, driven and motivated, with proven ability to take ownership of tasks and to execute on time
- Strong organisational and time management skills. There is always a lot to do in a day and you need to be a fast, organized person to be successful in this role. Even when busy, responding to customer requests quickly is critical.
Salary: £20,000.00 - £23,000.00 (depending on experience/ability)
This is an opportunity for you to join a friendly team (currently 14 of us) in a fun industry. We all work hard, communicate transparently and celebrate success frequently!
“I joined the team at Ashwood nearly 2 years ago. It was the best career move of my life – I absolutely love my job here! Ashwood is an awesome company that is going places; team members are all challenged and rewarded well, and I get real job satisfaction here.”
David Webster (South East Sales Representative)
Before you apply – will you fit our culture? Well, here’s how you’ll know!
We’re passionate about our Core Values, and it is essential that every member of our team lives, breathes and makes decisions using them day in, day out. In fact, we only hire staff who live up to them:
Ashwood Core Values:
Flexible – we’re flexible as elastic (Are you willing to do ad-hoc tasks which may not be detailed on your job description?)
Always Exceed – we go the extra 10 miles (Do you regularly go above and beyond what is expected of you?)
Speedy – we’re faster than lightning (Do you enjoy a fast-paced working environment and can you keep up with constant change?)
Teamwork – it’s all about the team (Are you a genuine team player who looks out for and assists others regularly?)
As part of our Teamwork core value, we believe that all team members must consistently adhere to certain behaviours for the good of the team. These are as follows:
Celebrate successes frequently
Recognise and allow for different personality styles
Express and listen to opinions
Awareness of current workloads
Maintain a positive attitude at all times
Ashwood Staff Testimonials:
‘I enjoy working for Ashwood because I’m treated with respect and can rely on being understood and listened to. I have been helped a lot on a professional (work-related) level as well as on a private level. Being part of the Ashwood team is a journey of hard work as well as learning new things, improving myself and becoming a better team-player. I also like the environment of the workplace, the free lunches and the free and safe company car park.’ Rafal Neryng (Operations)
‘Joining the team at Ashwood was the best career move of my life – I absolutely love my job here! Ashwood is an awesome company that is going places; team members are all challenged and rewarded well, and I get real job satisfaction here.’ David Webster (South East Sales Representative)
‘I Iike working at Ashwood because I can manage my work week how I want to – which jobs I need to finish today, and which I can do the next day. I can speak with my boss like with my friend, but he still is a boss! All problems are always sorted so I feel happy.’ Konrad Krawczyk (Warehouse & Logistics)