WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE - 4 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
An exciting opportunity to be part of a fast paced, dynamic business!
Do you enjoy working energetically in a fast-paced warehouse? Are you enthusiastic, strong and speedy? Do you have a high attention to detail and accuracy? Would you relish the opportunity to work within a dynamic, fast growing family business, where you could really help make a difference during our peak trading period?
Ashwood exists to ignite smiles and inspire delight! We design, create, import and distribute all kinds of toys, gifts, games, logo printed souvenirs and grotto presents, to all kinds of visitor attractions and high street/online retailers throughout the UK and Europe.
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Picking, packing and despatching orders including Christmas Grotto orders
- Putting away stock in designated locations
- Cleaning and tidying the warehouse daily (we take pride in having an extremely neat and efficient warehouse, where everything has a place and there's a place for everything)!
- Supporting regular stock takes
- Ad-hoc warehouse related duties
You'll need to live and breathe Ashwood’s Core Values:
Flexible – we’re flexible as elastic
Always Exceed – we go the extra 10 miles
Speedy – we’re faster than lightning
Teamwork – it’s all about the team
- A generous salary
- On the job training
- Working in a quality, heated warehouse facility in Bristol
- A host of benefits – including on-site parking and free lunch every day
- Working alongside a close-knit team of motivated people
- A healthy, collaborative culture – your opinions and ideas will be valued and respected
The following skills are essential:
- Diligent and hardworking – it’s a busy warehouse!
- Strong – manual lifting is an integral part of the role
- IT literate/competent – using systems to record activities
- Accurate – getting things right first time
- Good spoken and written English
- Energetic and enthusiastic, with a positive 'can-do' attitude
Preferred Hours: 7am-4:45pm (30 minute lunch break)
Fixed Term: 4 months, commencing mid - late August ideally
Salary: £18,000.00-£20,000.00/annum (depending on experience/ability)
“I joined the team at Ashwood nearly 2 years ago. It was the best career move of my life – I absolutely love my job here! Ashwood is an awesome company that is going places; team members are all challenged and rewarded well, and I get real job satisfaction here.” David Webster
Before you apply – will you fit our culture? Well, here’s how you’ll know!
We’re passionate about our Core Values, and it is essential that every member of our team lives, breathes and makes decisions using them day in, day out. In fact, we only hire staff who live up to them:
Ashwood Core Values:
Flexible – we’re flexible as elastic (Are you willing to do ad-hoc tasks which may not be detailed on your job description?)
Always Exceed – we go the extra 10 miles (Do you regularly go above and beyond what is expected of you?)
Speedy – we’re faster than lightning (Do you enjoy a fast-paced working environment and can you keep up with constant change?)
Teamwork – it’s all about the team (Are you a genuine team player who looks out for and assists others regularly?)
As part of our Teamwork core value, we believe that all team members must consistently adhere to certain behaviours for the good of the team. These are as follows:
Celebrate successes frequently
Recognise and allow for different personality styles
Express and listen to opinions
Awareness of current workloads
Maintain a positive attitude at all times
Ashwood Staff Testimonials:
‘I enjoy working for Ashwood because I’m treated with respect and can rely on being understood and listened to. I have been helped a lot on a professional (work-related) level as well as on a private level. Being part of the Ashwood team is a journey of hard work as well as learning new things, improving myself and becoming a better team-player. I also like the environment of the workplace, the free lunches and the free and safe company car park.’ Rafal Neryng (Operations)
‘Joining the team at Ashwood was the best career move of my life – I absolutely love my job here! Ashwood is an awesome company that is going places; team members are all challenged and rewarded well, and I get real job satisfaction here.’ David Webster (South East Sales Representative)
‘I Iike working at Ashwood because I can manage my work week how I want to – which jobs I need to finish today, and which I can do the next day. I can speak with my boss like with my friend, but he still is a boss! All problems are always sorted so I feel happy.’ Konrad Krawczyk (Warehouse & Logistics)