Are you looking to boost your social media presence? Want the world to know about your toy store, but aren’t quite sure how to shout about it? We’re here to help! With the right tools and knowledge, you can utilise your social media platforms to reach more potential customers than ever.
Before you begin, you’ll need to make sure you’re using the right platforms. Consider your audience and think about where they are most likely to be.
With over two billion users, Facebook is a no-brainer for promoting your business, and using as your virtual storefront. Facebook also has an e-commerce platform, allowing you to upload your products, tag the products in videos and posts, and for customers to purchase with ease.
Instagram, a visual platform owned by Facebook, is great for videos, shots of new products, introducing your team and showcasing your store. We highly recommend maximising your presence on Instagram to catch the eyes of budding toy enthusiasts, so make sure to use lots of relevant and location-based hashtags on your content, for example; #BristolToys #BristolToyStore #HatchHeroes #CuddlyToys. For quick and reactive content, be sure to make use of the Instagram Stories feature!
YouTube is another fantastic social platform to shout about your products, and as the world’s second biggest search engine, it’s definitely worth investing your time into. This can be done by sending key influencers within the toy industry some products to review, or even showcasing and giving tutorials on products yourself.
A key platform for reaching end users (the children that will be using the toys) is Snapchat. Snapchat is a relatively new social platform which allows you to post ‘Stories’ that disappear after 24 hours, this is great for quick pics of your store and products.
It’s important to only invest in the channels you have time for, as it’s better to have a well built Instagram profile with lots of fun and frequent content, than 5 different profiles on different sites with not much content, or no content tailored to the channel. You’ll also want to think about who you’re targetting and who you’re talking to; your Facebook content is most likely to be viewed by the parents buying the toys, whereas the YouTube videos are probably going to be most watched by the end users (the children).
And last but not least, you’ll need a content plan. Somedays you can simply snap new toys and product ranges, or chime in with social trends, but it’s great to have a plan to ensure your efforts align with your marketing strategy and company goals.
Here are some content ideas to get you started:
- A meet the team campaign - Let your customers get to know your team! Turn customers into family by letting them get to know the friendly faces that will be serving them. Showcase their personality by posting about their favourite toys and crazy facts about them.
- New product ranges and sneak-peaks - Give followers insider info of new launches and stock, then let them know all about the toys and give them a reason to get to your store.
- Toy store tours - Showcase the inside of your toy store, show photos of customers playing with toys (with permission) and show customers where the magic is!
- Chime in on trends - Do you have the latest toy that everyone is going crazy about? Is there a #trend on Twitter or Instagram that’s relevant to you? Jump on it! If it’s #NationalSmileDay; post a picture of your smiley team. If #HatchHeroes are trending, make sure you do a post about it, stat!
- Utilise live video - Go live from Instagram and show your customers your exciting toys and stock being unboxed, let them ask questions real time and answer any of their toy queries!
- Contests and giveaways - These are a great, inexpensive way to generate followers. A simple ‘Like this pic and tag 2 friends for your chance to win a £20 store voucher’ should be enough to gain momentum!
- Sales and offers - Let your followers be the first to know about any seasonal sales or offers, so they never miss out.
We hope this guide will help you find your social media feet and boost your following! If you’ve got any tips and tricks we’ve missed, tweet us and let us know!